Re: [Condor-users] [CONDOR] - How to change processord load?

There are a few ways to accomplish what I think you're trying to do
(only run jobs on the Linux VMs when the host Windows machine is some
definition of idle)

* Install Condor on the Windows machines and run the VMs themselves as
Condor VM universe jobs. You can leave the disk images on the host
machines to cut down on file transfer.

* See a presentation from this year's Condor Week about the work being
done at Syracuse[0]. You can monitor the host load to start/stop VMs.

* You can have a shared directory from the host mounted on the VM with
a file that contains a file that the host updates. From the gust side,
you can watch for file changes and do a runtime setting change using
condor_config_val.

None of those options are well-explained, so if one of them stands
out, please reply and I'll try to offer more detailed suggestion.

--
Ben Cotton
Systems Research Engineer