From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nathan Panike
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 10:24 AM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] Poll for changing job notification

Dear Condor community:

At yesterday's Condor development meeting we discussed changing the the
default job notification.

Currently, the default is that when a job completes, an email is sent to
the user notifying her of the completion event.  We discussed changing
the default to "Error", so that a notification would be sent when an
error condition occurs, or even "Never", so that a user would need to
explicitly ask for notification. (My personal preference is for "Never")

I am polling the Condor community to ask their feelings about this
change.  If you have strong feelings about receiving email from Condor
about your jobs, let me know.

This change would be going into the 7.9 (development) series, not the
7.8 series.

Nathan Panike