Re: [HTCondor-users] VirtualBox: Guest user vs. Condor account!?!

Would this support for VMware Workstation also work with the free VMware Player?

-Rob.

----- Original Message -----
From: Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@>
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:52 AM
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] VirtualBox: Guest user vs. Condor account!?!

Hi Rob -

I think a big part of the issue is most of the VM universe
users/interest in the past has come from folks on Linux.  In addition,
as the number of hypervisors has mushroomed, we started to leverage
libvirt for HTCondor's VM universe implementation on Linux - but libvirt
server is not available on Windows.  Also, most of the VM universe users
we have worked with are moving away from vmware and towards KVM. Thus on
Windows we need to pick and choose which hypervisors to support - we do
not have enough effort at UW to support an entire array of hypervisors
on Windows.  We are hoping to update VM universe on Windows to at least
support current VMWare offerings - see ticket
  https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=740
Would that be helpful?  Have you tried out using the update Purdue
posted here w/ VMware on Windows? If others in the open source community
w/ software development skills are interested in adding support for
others such as VirtualBox on Windows, let us know...

regards,
Todd