Re: [Condor-users] not seeing Windows 7 CPUs

In the pool I have been asking about, the condor_cred mechanism is not currently enabled, which is apparently okay with Windows XP clients. The master runs Windows 7, but the Condor-working clients are Windows XP. The only computer that doesn't work with this Condor pool is running Windows 7.

All the other potentially available machines are also Windows 7. If I'm to add any other machines to this Condor pool, I need to learn / figure out how to get Windows 7 computers to work within the Condor pool.

As I have mentioned before, when I run condor_status from the master, any of the XP, or the one Win7 computers that are supposedly in the pool, they all see the same information. The Win7 computer's CPU slots don't show up in any of the listings, so they are not used to run jobs either.

If any Windows 7 machines are clients in a Condor pool, does the condor_cred mechanism have to be used due to, e.g., problems with the low-privilege account normally used?

Are there any other log files or information I need to post to help all of you so we can understand why this Win7 computer is not working with Condor?