Re: [Condor-users] 7.8.2 / running out of ports for UDP

Try setting NETWORK_INTERFACE = <IP address>, that might fix it. Note that interface names won't work, at least they didn't when I ran into this.

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2012-June/msg00043.shtml

On 09/06/2012 06:31 PM, Shrum, Donald C wrote:
Yes.  In fact I am running with no dns.

-----Original Message-----
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob de Graaf
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 12:26 PM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] 7.8.2 / running out of ports for UDP

Just a guess, but are you running with NO_DNS?

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=2691,3

On 09/06/2012 06:09 PM, Dan Bradley wrote:

Is there anything interesting in MasterLog?

It may be helpful to strace condor_master.

strace -p <insert-pid-of-master> -o master.strace

You can kill that after it has run for long enough to observe lots of
sockets being opened.

What is using port 1980?  Have you configured your collector to use
that port?

--Dan

The problem persists so flocking was not related.  The condor master
is back up to 28,000+ open UDP ports.

Right now I'm just doing a periodic restart

[root@condor ~]# condor_status -master -format "%d\n"
MonitorSelfRegisteredSocketCount

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

[root@condor ~]# service condor restart

Shutting down Condor (fast-shutdown mode)...  done.

Starting up Condor...    done.

[root@condor ~]# condor_status -master -format "%d\n"
MonitorSelfRegisteredSocketCount

1