Re: [Condor-users] 7.8.3: "rejected by your job requirements" again

On 9/26/2012 2:47 AM, Steffen Grunewald wrote:
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:52:10AM -0500, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
What happens when I lie to condor and "request-memory = 1K" and then the
job actually asks for 2GB? And so on.

Depends on the setup. Your job may be evicted if it goes beyond
request_memory plus some margin (if there's a corresponding definition
in the condor_config), or it just runs happily leving lots of "free"
memory which gets scheduled to other dynamic slots on the same machine,
causing all jobs to swap (that's why most admins would have eviction
in place).
BTW, a job sent back to the queue will have the current memory footprint
attached, overwriting your initial guess.

So, TJ, is the above correct, does it work with "request_memory = 0" or only with "request_memory = some_non_zero_number", and does it mean requirements get completely re-evaluated if a job is evicted and has to be re-scheduled?

(TJ wrote:
request_memory = 0
  means the same thing as
request_memory = undefined.

It tells condor_submit that is should not include any Memory test as part of the default requirements expression.)

I guess I have to repeat: is there an off switch for auto-added memory requirements that works and will not be superseded in a future version of Condor?

Dima