Re: [HTCondor-users] Troubles with KeyBoardBusy function

Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@...> writes:

> On 3/29/2013 5:20 AM, Nuel Romain wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm new on Condor and I need some help. I work on Ubuntu 12.04 with
> > HTCondor v7.8.7 in a pool test of 3 machines. I work with Vanilla
> > Universe for the time
> > being.
> >
> > I would like to use the Console/KeyboardIdle/Busy in order to use it on
> > Desktop machine (not server machines) to suspend running job if a user
> > came back.
> >
> > - Can we use these functions with Vanilla Universe ?
> >

> Yes.
>
> This was discussed on this email list just a couple weeks ago; hopefully
> the below URL to a message from the archives will help you out:
>
> https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/htcondor-users/2013-March/msg00122.shtml
>
> regards,
> Todd

Hello,

Thank you for your response, I've already peek out this post, I've read it again
more closely and I more understand the running of these functions.
I try new configuration with :

WANT_SUSPEND = True // to be sure that the SUSPEND was look
and
SUSPEND = $(ConsoleBusy) // to suspend job if the console is busy

I've uncomment : CONSOLE_DEVICES = console

But it's not working more...
I try with simply all possibilities KeyboardBusy/NotBusy/Idle ...

I try also to change UWCS_ by TESTINGMODE_ and just keep UWCS_WANT_SUSPEND &
UWCS_SUSPEND (my configuration) to see... it's doesn't work too

I don't know what is going wrong

If you have any idea ?

Thank you, have a nice day

-- Romain --