Re: [HTCondor-users] Failed to build 8.0.0 using WiX with win7, MSVS2010, WiX 3.7

On 28 August 2013 12:21, Ziliang Guo <ziliang@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A question, why do you need a customized installer in the first place?

I addressed this in an earlier email but basicaly, I want to be able to
give our central IT facilitator a single thing to deploy across the
machines that comprise the Condor grid here, so just one job, rather
than have to ask them to first install the vanilla MSI and then have ask
for any customisations in a second job.

Having said that, let me turn your question around:

are there known problems with creating customised installers with
recent Condor versions that weren't there in the 7.6.3 version,
which is what I used previously and so expected to be able to
replicate this time, or did I just "get lucky" last time ?