Re: [HTCondor-users] Changing condor_submit generated file owner/permissions

Hi,

yes, the shared disk is mounted with root-squash. Condor master is running as user condor. We have two use cases now:

We did run solely with condor_submit -remote for a couple months and this worked flawlessly. We recently started experimenting with ssh based Remote Condor and encountered the problem mentioned. This is mainly motivated by a tool in use by the collaboration only supporting ssh based remote access but also by the goal of providing access without any need for local condor tools.

So far, we are experimenting in how far we can actually benefit from the shared file system/user space and in how far it simply complicates matters.

Cheers,
Max