Re: [HTCondor-users] DOS window flashing

Quoting "Rich Pieri" <ratinox@xxxxxxx>:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 07:42:47 -0600
<brad.32@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The windows appear and close (flash) too fast for me to see what is
executing in them.

I suspect that this is a change in a relatively recent Windows 7 update.
I see similar behavior with scripts launched with a tool called HSTART,
short for Hidden Start. HSTART exists specifically to start programs
without opening a CMD window. Recently, a change in Windows itself has
led to the CMD window flashing open briefly when HSTART launches.

If what you see is the same thing as what I see then it isn't Condor's
fault. It's something in Windows itself.

I don't have hstart on these computers, but if Condor is implementing a similar Windows mechanism, then apparently it's something I'll have to deal with.

Thank you.

-- Brad