Re: [HTCondor-users] Soap API

Well,  thank you for the info.
When you say 0.1sec per job, does it take into account the transaction time?

What programming language did you use?

Thanks

G.

On Feb 27, 2013 7:26 PM, "Jordan Williamson" <jordan.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We used it for a while, but for our purposes it turned out to be way too slow. Jobs were taking somewhere around 0.1 seconds per process to submit, so a 100 process job took almost 10 seconds to submit. Now, due to some database calls that were going on in our submission code, this probably could have been cut in half, if not further, and this may be sufficient for your purposes.

However, we just recently switched to using Python-Condor, which sidesteps the major bottlenecks that occur with SOAP.
(Just for reference, I get about 0.0009 sec/process with python-condor.)

But it really depends on your situation. If super-quick job submission speed isn't a requirement or your jobs aren't very large, then SOAP will probably work just fine for you.