Re: [HTCondor-users] Don't understand HoldReason msg

We have

HOSTALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR = delta-mod BDOMO-002

set on all machines, I think that's what you meant? delta-mod is our CM, BDOMO-002 is my machine.

Now I'm getting this odd behavior:

When I run condor_store_cred add -c -n <machine name> –p <pool password>
in a script over all machines, some work, and some don't. But then when I run

condor_status -f "%s\t" Name -f "%s\n" ifThenElse(isUndefined(LocalCredd),\"UNDEF\",LocalCredd)

all machines are now undefined.

I'm more than a little confused by the condor manual in this regards. For instance, it says

"The LOCAL_CREDD variable must be customized to point to the machine hosting the condor_credd"

but neither the manual nor the sample CREDD file explicitly set this variable; I assume it's set when CRED runs. Also somewhat uncertain still about which lines are needed only in the CM condor_config file, and which lines are needed by all machines.

RF