Re: [HTCondor-users] Users priorities problem

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 09:36:35AM +0100, daniel popu wrote:
> 1) Can I do something that User B, which has better priority, to take more cores immediately after one job for User A is finished. With other words, if a core used by User A is released, be be taken by User B, even if User A still has jobs to run?

Reduce the lease time (CLAIM_WORKLIFE) so that a running shadow won't request any more jobs for user A.

Caveat: a too short lease time may harm your throughput.

> 2) I tried to reset the priorities:

It's not a matter of user priorities...

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * Cluster Admin * steffen.grunewald(*)aei.mpg.de
MPI f. Gravitationsphysik (AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam