[HTCondor-users] WG: Users priorities problem

Hello,

I sent the mail below and I got the answer on

https://www-auth.cs.wisc.edu/lists/htcondor-users/2013-July/msg00118.shtml

How could I continue that thread of discussion?

First of all I wish to thank Steffen Grunewald for his answer.

Second I wish to ask other items.

1) Steffen mention that I should take care of CLAIM_WORKLIFE to not put it too small.

For the moment I used
UWCS_CLAIM_WORKLIFE = (3 * $(MINUTE))

3 minutes is too short?

How can I detect if my throughput is harmed because of too short lease time?

2) Resources usage Percentage

In my pool I found the next situation:

There are 150 free cores.
We have only one active user.
He starts a simulation but he gets maximum 90 cores.
With other occasion he could get maximum of 140 cores.(so there is no constraint from OS).

Is there a parameter which influences the maximum number of cores allocated to a user?

All the best,
Daniel