From: htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Lambert
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 8:32 PM
To: paul.r.brenner@xxxxxx; HTCondor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Limiting size of tmp files in /var/condor/execute

Dr. Brenner-

I'm ssh keyless this weekend, so I can't check, but I believe I remember some we had discovered for this purpose. I'll take a look and let you know if I find anything.

Your other option, assuming these are UNIX machines, is to create some disk images with dd, and then mount them as loopback devices. If you used some sort of copy on write imaging (QEMU's qcow comes to mind) you could transfer the images, mount them as loopback devices with a precommand script and use that as your execute directory. Management of this system would likely be very difficult however.

John Lambert