Re: [HTCondor-users] Conditional output file transfer

Is it possible to set a condition on which output files are transferred back
to the submitting host?

The two conditions I'm specifically interested in are:

(1) Don't return the error file if it is zero-bytes long

and/or

(2) Don't return the error file if the job exited normally (rc=0)

That is, if I submit 10,000 jobs I'd like to get back only the error files
for those jobs which failed.

Any ways to achieve this?

For some reason when answering this last week, I forgot about "starter
scripts".  These are scripts that are run on the execute machine.  I
think you should be able to run a starter post script that would delete
zero-size error files before they ever get transferred back. (I haven't tried this, so I can say with total certainty that it will work.)

As far as I know, though, the starter post script can't find out the return code of the job (hmm -- we should probably add that feature!).

For information on starter scripts, go to:
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v7.9/condor_submit.html
and look for the string "PRE AND POST SCRIPTS IMPLEMENTED WITH SPECIALLY-NAMED ATTRIBUTES" near the bottom.

Kent Wenger
CHTC Team