Re: [HTCondor-users] Help: How to use VM Universe? Thank you

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 08:41:19PM +0800, btdan wrote:
>    I google the keyword VMGAHP_ERR_JOBCLASSAD_KVM_INVALID_DISK_PARAM, but
>    I get nothing useful.

Source code now:

$ grep -R VMGAHP_ERR_JOBCLASSAD_KVM_INVALID_DISK_PARAM src
src/condor_vm-gahp/vmgahp_error_codes.h:#define VMGAHP_ERR_JOBCLASSAD_KVM_INVALID_DISK_PARAM "VMGAHP_ERR_JOBCLASSAD_KVM_INVALID_DISK_PARAM"
src/condor_vm-gahp/xen_type.linux.cpp:		m_result_msg = VMGAHP_ERR_JOBCLASSAD_KVM_INVALID_DISK_PARAM;

So you can see:

        if( parseXenDiskParam(kvm_disk.Value()) == false ) {
                vmprintf(D_ALWAYS, "kvm disk format(%s) is incorrect\n",
                                kvm_disk.Value());
                m_result_msg = VMGAHP_ERR_JOBCLASSAD_KVM_INVALID_DISK_PARAM;
                set_priv(priv);
                return false;
        }

There are some other vmprintf() logs in parseXenDiskParam, so you should
try to see if you can capture these error messages. Try adding:

    error = vm.err

to your submit file, and then see if there are more messages in vm.err.

The most obvious cause of this problem would be if the VM image were not
present on the execution node.

>    The parameter of vm_disk in the submiting file is /data/kvmswap.img

And is /data a shared filesystem mounted on the execution node? If not,
you might need to use transfer_input_files to copy it (this is a guess).

Brian.