Re: [HTCondor-users] building HTCondor 7.9.6 on Mac OS fails, _res_9_init undefined

On May 20, 2013, at 11:15 AM, Leo Singer <lsinger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> Thanks. It got further this time:
>
> Linking CXX shared library libpyclassad_7_9_7.dylib
> ld: library not found for -lboost_python
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [src/condor_contrib/python-bindings/libpyclassad_7_9_7.dylib] Error 1
>
> This is because I have only the multithreaded Boost libraries, the ones whose names end in _mt, but not the single-threaded ones. By default, the MacPorts boost package builds only the multithreaded libraries. Does HTCondor need single-threaded Boost? It used multithreaded Boost in the 7.8 series.

Shouldn't really matter.

TJ was poking at this code earlier.  I use "-lboost_python" in CMakeLists.txt where I really should have put in some macro that FindBoost.cmake produces.  You could either manually change it for now - or, if you have a few minutes, figure out the correct macro so it will work on all the various platforms.

Brian