Re: [HTCondor-users] Job Scheduling

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 06:58:02AM +0000, Muak rules wrote:
>    Please correct me if I'm wrong. All I'm getting from your answer is
>    that we have to make configuration in /etc/condor/condor_config.local.
>    But in the following blog it is mentioned that we have to make
>    configuration in /etc/condor/condor_config.
>    [1]http://spinningmatt.wordpress.com/2011/06/12/getting-started-creatin
>    g-a-multiple-node-condor-pool/

What you put in condor_config.local overrides what's in condor_config. So
you can leave condor_config at defaults, and put any non-default settings in
condor_config.local.

In my case I installed onto Ubuntu using the Debian Squeeze packages, and
set /etc/condor/condor_config.local to the content I showed.  I did not
touch /etc/condor/condor_config.

The blog entry was suggesting a third way of configuration: create
additional config files in /etc/condor/config.d/ directory.  That will work
too.

However according to this comment:
http://spinningmatt.wordpress.com/2011/06/12/getting-started-creating-a-multiple-node-condor-pool/#comment-3723
you need to beware that anything left in condor_config.local will override
your settings from the config.d/ files.

Regards,

Brian.