[HTCondor-users] Reporting on daemons within Pool

I am primarily using 7.8.7 on windows OS within our HTCondor pool and I am noticing that the condor_status -daemon (e.g., -schedd, -master) is not reporting accurately. For example, if I run condor_status, I see all the machines/slots in the pool, but I do not see most of these machine when I run condor_status -master. When I run condor_status -schedd, I do not pick up all the condor submit machines within the pool. However, the schedd service is running on the submit machine and condor_q on the local machine is accurately reporting--I can also submit jobs.  I do not see any errors in the collector log (on central manager) or the schedd log (on submit machines).

Could there be something going on that I am missing, or is it possible this is a bug. I have noticed this problem for a little while and right now I am able to usually (not always) fix the problem by running a condor_restart -schedd. Everything else seems to be functioning as expected.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot? Thanks,
mike