Re: [HTCondor-users] condor on debian wheezy

On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 14:00 -0500, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

> Note that HTCondor v7.8.x is in the official debian wheezy distro.  See
>     http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/condor

[snipped]

> Note that the Debian wheezy repackage of HTCondor does not include every
> single job universe like the builds coming out of UW do (in wheezy the
> standard universe and a few of the grid types are not included), but by
> pushing HTCondor downstream directly into the Debian distro hopefully it
> will make things easier for a lot of sites.
>
> regards,
> Todd

Yes.  I saw that it had entered wheezy, but I also noticed that I would
need to downgrade condor after I had upgraded debian.

# apt-cache policy condor
condor:
  Installed: 7.9.6-122785
  Candidate: 7.9.6-122785
  Version table:
 *** 7.9.6-122785 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     7.8.2~dfsg.1-1+deb7u1 0
        500 ftp://ftp.ucsb.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/debian/ wheezy/main
amd64 Packages
        500 http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages

I guess my question would be better titled .. "latest condor on wheezy".
It might still be good to have a "backported" version to use.  I usually
cannot install packages from sid.