Re: [HTCondor-users] Starting condor automatically on Mac

Cody, now that Ben answered so precisely the question you have, most probably the solution you seek; "condor start up at boot, running as root, on Mac oS 10.7" will work.

But it works for whom? In another words, using the metaphor,ÂthatÂeach time one buys a 1/4 inch drill, in reality she buys a Â1/4 inch hole, who needs the hole ""condor start up at boot, running as root, on Mac oS 10.7"" ?

I don't know the answer, but if you think there aÂsignificantÂgroup of users who need such customized HTCondor, why not release mixed Open - Proprietary release, supported by you and which spares a Mac user to read the HTCondor manual.

I would take the section 3.3.3 of the manual: CONDOR_IDS The User ... frame it . While correct and precise,
Âit is so complicated to read for most people who just want to drill a hole..

I know many veterans on this list think like me, particularly the fine group of computerÂscientistsÂfrom Nebraska UÂ

As a user of Mac you should identify

Cheers,

Miha