Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_shadow and file descriptors

Brian Bockelman wrote:
> Actually, the behavior I described (initial limit based on installed
> memory) is a kernel default (not a SL-specific tuning).  I'm
> surprised that RHEL would turn it lower!  I'm kinda scratching my
> head on that one.

Red Hat has three different editions of RHEL 6: client, workstation and
server. They're all tuned differently. Client and workstation are tuned
for interactive use; server is tuned for, er, server use.

--
Rich Pieri <ratinox@xxxxxxx>
MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science