Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor on Android /iOS mobile operating system

Miha Ahronovitz wrote:
> Assuming HTCondor runs on Android or iOS, who wants this user case
> implemented? And why? Isnt a MacAir small enough?

Haven't you heard? Notebooks and servers are dead. Tablets and "The
Cloud" are the future. Just ask anyone with an iPad.

But seriously, I don't see it as a viable project. The resource
constraints and limited universe options cripple Condor's strengths
compared to other large scale computing systems. I'm sure there's
someone out there who'll do it just to say they did but for actual use?
No, not really.

--
Rich Pieri <ratinox@xxxxxxx>
MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science