Re: [HTCondor-users] "File Transfer Using a URL" seems to be useless on Windows!

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 10:14:55AM -0500, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

> Meanwhile, someone more familiar with the file transfer via URL plugin
> can chime in....

I would agree with all that Todd said.

Although curl supports it, I haven't really found a convincing case for using
the "file://" type of URL, as HTCondor has first-class file transfer.

In some future development series, I plan to re-work the file transfer plugin
architecture significantly.  At the moment they are provided by the local admin
and I would like to see the model change to them being supplied and run by the
user, as you were expecting.

Cheers,
-zach