[HTCondor-users] head node connection to other node

Hi,
  I am new to condor.
  The place I am working just setup a HTcondor system, which I am asked to do simple testing to see whether the machine is setup correctly or not.

  The system has a head node and other 40 node for computation purpose. I got user name and password which allow me to login to head node. When I launched several simple condor job, I found that these jobs were running on head node instead of other 40 nodes. I add "RANK=....." to force the job to run on other node, but it still ran on the head node. I tried to ssh to other node from head node, but failed.

  My question is: is this an issue that needs to be done in condor configuration step by system admin, or it's just network or user account permission issue.

Thanks

Jim