Re: [HTCondor-users] condor head node connection to other node

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 11:47:40AM -0800, Jim Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am new to condor.
>   The place I am working just setup a HTcondor system, which I am asked to do simple testing to see whether the machine is setup correctly or not.
>
>   The system has a head node and other 40 node for computation purpose. I got user name and password which allow me to login to head node. When I launched several simple condor job, I found that these jobs were running on head node instead of other 40 nodes. I add "RANK=....." to force the job to run on other node, but it still ran on the head node. I tried to ssh to other node from head node, but failed.

Which universe are you using?
What does "condor_status -t" tell you? Are there any other machines available at all?
If yes, check the Negotiator and Match Logs for more information.

ssh isn't required for Condor to work.

>   My question is: is this an issue that needs to be done in condor configuration step, or it's just network or user account permission issue.

Almost sure: Condor config.

- S