[HTCondor-users] Running htcondor with a different username

The HTCondor install process for Linux assumes that you will have a user called “condor” on each machine. Is there a way to specify a different username at install time (probably going to do this on Ubuntu)

The reason for this is that we already have a Windows HTCondor pool which has a user called condor and our Linux machines authenticate against this directory. If I try and install HTCondor using the standard download then it fails – the .deb file tries to create a local user called condor but this clashes with the one in the LDAP directory. What I’d like to do is to tell the installer to create a user called (say) htcondor on all the Linux machines.

How can I tell the installer that I want it to do this (or is there another workaround?)

Steve