From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Erik Erlandson
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2014 10:15 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Group Quotas and Preemption

----- Original Message -----

What you are describing in terms of group quota sharing sounds more or less like a "condo cluster" use case, which you can obtain by configuring "GROUP_AUTOREGROUP = True"  (or it can be enabled or disabled on a per-group basis with GROUP_AUTOREGROUP_<groupname>).

> Â Whenever a user from a group which is under-using its quota submits
> a job, and the pool is fully claimed, I'd like for preemption to occur.

If I understand your description, this part of the behavior can be configured as described here:
http://erikerlandson.github.io/blog/2012/06/27/maintaining-accounting-group-quotas-with-preemption-policy/