Re: [HTCondor-users] specify scratch directory on computation machine

Thanks for your suggestion, Zach.
I made a sample condor script at non shared filesystem disk, I found that if I add "should_transfer_files = YES", I will get output file, although I don't know which directory/disk is being used as scratch by condor.

Then I further add "environment = <CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR>=</tmp/zzz/>", I still get output file. However, when I login to computation node during the job running time, check file and disk usage on "/tmp/zzz", I can't see anything. So how do I confirm that the directory/disk I specified here is really being used by condor as scratch? Also how do I check what is the default scratch directory?

If I don't include "should_transfer_files = YES", the job will be on hold forever.

Cheers,

Jiande