Re: [HTCondor-users] ERROR "Ran out of system resources in auto allocation"; cannot use more than 16 cores on Windows?

I've tracked it down to these two lines in the condor_config:

NUM_SLOTS = $(DETECTED_CORES)
NUM_SLOTS = ifThenElse(("$(HOSTNAME)" == "delta-mod"), 2, $(NUM_SLOTS))

"delta-mod" has a single 4-core CPU. It is also a file server on our LAN (everything is Win7x64), and serves as the HTCondor Master, so I was trying to use only 2 of its 4 cores to run HTCondor jobs.

Is there a better way to tell HTCondor that is has fewer cores than actual?

Why would the above throw an odd error as previously shown in the log file?

Thanks,
Ralph Finch
Calif DWR