Re: [HTCondor-users] specify scratch directory on computation machine

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 10:54:04PM -0400, Jiande Wang wrote:
> Then I further add "environment = <CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR>=</tmp/zzz/>", I
> still get output file. However, when I login to computation node during
> the job running time, check file and disk usage on "/tmp/zzz", I can't
> see anything. So how do I confirm that the directory/disk I specified
> here is really being used by condor as scratch? Also how do I check what
> is the default scratch directory?

The user does not get to control the scratch dir through the submit file.
Rather, the admin of the execute machine sets it up using the EXECUTE macro
in the condor_config file, and Condor then sets the _CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR in
the environment of the job.

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do.  You might also be interested
in setting "Initial_Dir" in the submit file to control the current working
directory when the job starts.  More info can be found here:
  http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/current/condor_submit.html#80219

Cheers,
-zach