Re: [HTCondor-users] specify scratch directory on computation machine

Zach:
My purpose is take advantage of fast disk on computer node, but they are not on shared filesystem, nor they are the path as configured as "condor_scratch_dir" I made a simple test code for testing, following your suggestion, I added "remote_initialdir", so my condor script looks like

Universe = vanilla
Executable = 1.exe
should_transfer_files = YES
when_to_transfer_output = on_exit
transfer_executable = True
Requirements = (Machine == "xxxxxxx")
remote_initialdir = /home/zzz <--- I created this directory on computation machine in advance
transfer_output_files = /home/zzz/
Queue

When this job is submitted, I can see output files are generated on remote_initialdir, and they are transferred back to the machine and directory where the job was submitted. The problem I am having is

(1) the output files generated on remote_initialdir were still there after job was done, they were not deleted automatically. (2) If I put some other files on the remote_initialdir before I submit the job, all the old and newly generated files will be transferred back. I only need newly generated files related to this job. This job is just a test case, my real job will involve hundreds of output file, so I can only specify directory instead of list each individual output file names.

Thanks

Jiande