Re: [HTCondor-users] submit file requirement

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 8:22 AM, Rita <rmorgan466@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not sure if this recipe does what I want. I don't necessary need the whole
> machine. When my jobs are being scheduled I don't want more than 2 running
> on the same box. Other jobs can run because they are not that resource
> intensive.

That's why dynamic slots are a better solution than the whole machine
recipe. If an execute node has the resources to support more than one
of these jobs (and even if your current nodes can't, the next
generation might), why not let it?

Another solution -- again requiring startd configuration changes -- is
to define a resource with a quantity of 1. See
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.0/3_5Policy_Configuration.html#sec:SMP-Divide

Thanks,
BC

--