[HTCondor-users] How to tell Condor not to run jobs as nobody?

Hi,

I am using 7.9.2 on master and 8.0.3 on slave nodes. My requirement is simple; all computations are done internally, not publicly facing at all. We have zero security risk really, this is just a small cluster set up for in-house testing and we trust our staff.

According to this [1] and [2],

* if UID_DOMAIN on master and slaves don't match, job is run as nobody
* if TRUST_UID_DOMAIN is TRUE, UID_DOMAIN check is skipped
* if UID_DOMAIN is * on both nodes, that's effectively the same as TRUST_UID_DOMAIN
* I can set a particular user for each slot by SLOT1_USER, SLOT2_USER.

I tried all the above and the method in [1] on both master and slave's condor_config.local and I still run jobs as nobody.

I can tell this by having a Python script
#!/usr/bin/env python
import getpass
print(getpass.getuser())

and the outcome is nobody.

Using SLOTx_USER method, the job is disconnected from slaves and then put into idle forever.

The master runs as adminFOO and slave has an admin user called adminBAR.
Can someone point out where my mistake is? I tried all combinations of above.

Thanks.