[HTCondor-users] Problem with submiting Condor jobs from a php script

Dear Condor users,

I'm new to Condor and I encounter a problem when trying to submit Condor jobs from a php script.

I did create a condor user and tested my configuration by launching jobs (with condor_submit) both as condor and apache. Everything goes fine when using command line tools (and shell scripts) in my Linux console. However, when trying to execute condor_submit (or a script calling condor_submit) from a very simple PHP script, I get the following error message (in the SchedLog file) :

3/03/14 18:09:56 authenticate_self_gss: acquiring self credentials failed. Please check your Condor configuration file if this is a server process. Or the user environment variable if this is a user process.

GSS Major Status: General failure
GSS Minor Status Error Chain:
globus_gsi_gssapi: Error with GSI credential
globus_gsi_gssapi: Error with gss credential handle
globus_credential: Valid credentials could not be found in any of the possible locations specified by the credential search order. Valid credentials could not be found in any of the possible locations specified by the credential search order.
Attempt 1
globus_credential: Error reading host credential
globus_sysconfig: Could not find a valid certificate file: The host cert could not be found in:
1) env. var. X509_USER_CERT
2) /etc/grid-security/hostcert.pem
3) $GLOBUS_LOCATION/etc/hostcert.pem
4) $HOME/.globus/hostcert.pem

The host key could not be found in:
1) env. var. X509_USER_KEY
2) /etc/grid-security/hostkey.pem
3) $GLOBUS_LOCATION/etc/hostkey.pem
4) $HOME/.globus/hostkey.pem

Attempt 2
globus_credential: Error reading proxy credential
globus_sysconfig: Could not find a valid proxy certificate file location
globus_sysconfig: Error with key filename
globus_sysconfig: File does not exist: /tmp/x509up_u0 is not a valid file
Attempt 3
globus_credential: Error reading user credential
globus_sysconfig: Error with certificate filename: The user cert could not be found in:
1) env. var. X509_USER_CERT
2) $HOME/.globus/usercert.pem
3) $HOME/.globus/usercred.p12

03/03/14 18:09:56 DC_AUTHENTICATE: authentication of <xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:57170> did not result in a valid mapped user name, which is required for this command (1112 QMGMT_WRITE_CMD), so aborting. 03/03/14 18:09:56 DC_AUTHENTICATE: reason for authentication failure: AUTHENTICATE:ë:Failed to authenticate with any method|AUTHENTICATE:ì:Failed to authenticate using GSI|GSI::Failed to authenticate. Globus is reporting error (851968:550). There is probably a problem with your credentials. (Did you run grid-proxy-init?)|AUTHENTICATE:ì:Failed to authenticate using KERBEROS|AUTHENTICATE:ì:Failed to authenticate using FS|FS:ì:Unable to lstat(/tmp/FS_XXXVpwC9j)

According to posts that I could find on the internet, I enabled FS authentication, which resulted in the following error message :

03/04/14 17:58:22 DC_AUTHENTICATE: authentication of <xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:54086> did not result in a valid mapped user name, which is required for this command (1112 QMGMT_WRITE_CMD), so aborting. 03/04/14 17:58:22 DC_AUTHENTICATE: reason for authentication failure: AUTHENTICATE:ë:Failed to authenticate with any method|AUTHENTICATE:ì:Failed to authenticate using FS|FS:ì:Unable to lstat(/tmp/FS_XXXwonH1Q)

I also tried to enable password authentication, but did not manage to configure it properly, which resulted in being unable to submit any jobs at all.

Finally, I also tried to play with the SHADOW_ALLOW_UNSAFE_REMOTE_EXEC option, which seems to allow shell calls via the libc 'system()' function. I set it to true, but I got an error from the shallow daemon saying "Assertion ERROR on (job_ad_file)" at line 166 in file shadow_v61_main.cpp" . Nevertheless, I do manage to submit jobs using the execl command in a simple C executable.

I shoudl have probably started by saying that I use the same machine (Fedora 18 virtual machine configured as a dual core) for my condor submit, condor manager, and condor execute nodes. I use Condor version 7.9.1, installed using yum. I had previously compiled it from sources, but had some library problems preventing me from launching jobs.

Do you have any advice on how I could solve this problem ?
Is there any special configuration for Condor to work with PHP applications ?

Best regards,
Sorina