Re: [HTCondor-users] Problem with submiting Condor jobs from a php script

On Mar 11, 2014, at 4:08 AM, Sorina Camarasu Pop <sorina.pop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you for your answer.
You were right, in the sense that the scripts did not have access to /tmp , thus leading to an authentication failure.

However, I did not manage to find out why they don't have access to /tmp. Chroot is not enabled. PHP does not run in a safe mode and selinux is also disabled. the tmp folder has read and write rights for everyone. Any other ideas ?

I don’t know what’s preventing the scripts from accessing /tmp, but we can work around that in HTCondor.
You can try using the FS_REMOTE authentication method. It’s the the FS authentication method, but you can set which directory should be used with the configuration parameter FS_REMOTE_DIR. It’s intended to allow cross-machine authentication via a shared filesystem, but you can use it on a single machine.

The directory you choose needs to be readable and writeable by the HTCondor daemons and your scripts.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
|                                | That's how I lost my mind.        |