Re: [HTCondor-users] How do you define a set of nodes/hosts?

On 9/19/2014 10:20 AM, Greg Thain wrote:
On 09/19/2014 10:05 AM, Lukas Koschmieder wrote:

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

But now I'm having another problem: Condor seem to automatically add
some additional REQUIREMENTS to my jobs (e.g. TARGET.OpSys,
TARGET.Arch). So if I submit my job on a Linux machine it will never
run on a Windows node unless I overwrite these automatically added
requirements. Is it possible to somehow turn this off? (The reason is
that this information (OpSys, Arch) is actually already "encoded" in
my custom AdClass attributes.)

condor_submit will only add the Opsys and Arch attributes to the
requirements if they aren't already there.  So, if you can force the
opsys and arch by something like

requirements = target.opsys =?= "WINDOWS" && target.arch =?= "X86_64"

The canonical way to completely ignore automatic insertion of opsys and
arch (maybe you are running some completely portable script?) is
something like

requirements = target.opsys =!= "" && target.arch =!= ""

-Greg

...and if you want to completely disable automatic insertion of opsys and arch on a given submit machine, you can make Gregs requirements above the default by placing the following line in the condor_config file(s) on the machine(s) where you run condor_submit:

  APPEND_REQUIREMENTS = target.opsys =!= "" && target.arch =!= ""

regards,
Todd