Re: [HTCondor-users] control law questions

On 12/04/2015 05:40 AM, Krieger, Donald N. wrote:

Dear List:

I have two questions about the algorithm which is used to move jobs from the “I” state in the run state.

Does the algorithm take into account the amount of time requested?

As it ships, HTCondor does not.  However, it is very configurable, and I believe that the OSG
sites provide default estimations for how long jobs run, and how long an opportunistic machine
may be available, and will not start jobs that it thinks will overrun their stay.  The OSG user
support folks at user-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx may have more insight into these particular settings.

For instance do sites specify up front the maximum amount of time that a job they will accept can request?

If so, can a user get a survey of those times from all the sites currently accepting jobs?

I believe this is the GLIDEIN_Job_Max_Time attribute (the OSG folks would know for sure), you could run

condor_status -af GLIDEIN_SITE GLIDEIN_Job_Max_Time |  sort | uniq -c

to get a histogram.

-Greg