Re: [HTCondor-users] Memory use

Thanks for the answers guys, knowing that I can limit memory usage helps a lot.

Ricardo Oda

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 11:54 PM, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/23/2015 05:29 PM, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

> I don't think I'd go with request_memory=0 ...

Well, the case I had in mind is when a) target.filesystemdomain == "my
pool" and I happen to know all nodes in "my pool" have enough ram for
the job, and b) the job mmap()s 80GB of files in 2GB chunks which is one
of the known cases of "condor gets it wrong".

If you don't request something, condor will supply a value you may not
want -- if memory usage is a concern.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin