Re: [HTCondor-users] submitting from a Personal Condor to our local HPC system

On 23/07/2015 20:37, "HTCondor-users on behalf of Derek Weitzel"
<htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of dweitzel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Hi Ian,
>
>I wrote the campus factory.  Eh, itâs not exactly what you want.
>
>Itâs best to understand your use case first.  Is the Personal Condor
>running on the HPC system?  Or, is it a remote system?
>
>If itâs running on the HPC system, then you should be able to just submit
>jobs with:
>universe = grid
>grid_resource = batch sge
>
>If itâs remote, ie, youâre running the Personal Condor on your laptop or
>desktop, and want to submit to a remote HPC cluster, I would recommend
>Bosco:
>https://twiki.grid.iu.edu/bin/view/CampusGrids/BoscoInstall
>
>It says to download from the Bosco website, but Bosco is now a part of
>the main HTCondor distribution, so you can just use your current
>installation.  It should have the âbosco_clusterâ command available to
>you.
>
>Let me know if this answers your questions, or if you have any issues,
>-Derek

Derek: that's really helpful - many thanks. My case is what you term
"remote".
I'll read up on Bosco.
cheers
-Ian

--
Ian Cottam  | IT Relationship Manager | IT Services  | C38 Sackville
Street Building  |  The University of Manchester  |  M13 9PL  |