Re: [HTCondor-users] custom ClassAd again (how to debug crondor)?

use
   condor_status -direct <machine> -long

to see the current startd ad without waiting for it to update the collector.

To see if your startd cron script is running. look in the log file for messages that begin with "CronJob:".
if you set D_FULLDEBUG, you should see messages for success as well as failure.

One of the D_FULLDEBUG messages will contain "<name>: %d lines in Queue" whenever your script has sent back data for startd cron to read.
Another message is  "Adding '<name>' to the 'extra' ClassAd list" or "Replacing ClassAd for '<name>' when the startd cron ad is written into the startd.

There is no way to have HTCondor echo the actual contents of your startd cron ad to the log file. but if your job returns something that won't parse, you should expect to see error messages in the log.

-tj