Re: [HTCondor-users] bug in schedd_negotiate.cpp - 144-core startd

"HTCondor-users" <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 11/19/2015 04:47:13 PM:

> From: Thomas Hartmann <thomas.hartmann@xxxxxxxx>

> Date: 11/19/2015 04:50 PM
>
> hi ben,
> sorry, i was not aware of the ticket. thanks for letting me know!
> best,
> thomas

By the way, Thomas, are these the Xeon E7-8890v3 processors (or 70, or 80) in a four-socket ProLiant, or maybe an SGI UV system?

I - and probably others - would be interested if you could weigh in on the cost/benefit factors that went into your decision to configure the machine that way.

We've been eyeing those 18-core chips, in particular the E5-2699v3 for the HP DL360's and BladeSystems we like to use around here, but the fact that they cost over $6,000 each means that you can usually get the same number of cores more cheaply by using slightly lower density processors in a slightly larger number of systems.

Thanks!

     -Michael Pelletier.