Re: [HTCondor-users] Help on running HTCondor as root

On 10/16/2015 07:58 AM, Tommaso Boccali wrote:

Ciao,
I am experimenting an opportunistic workflow for CMS, in which condor starts in a docker container using uCERNVM + Parrot.
basically, the image contains just the kernel, and also /usr, /bin etc are provided via CVMFS via Parrot.
One of the limitations of this environment is thas setuid commands do not work (trapped by Parrot), so eventually you are root and cannot become any other user.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but can you start Condor as a non-root user?

-greg