From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Antonio Dorta <adorta@xxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 5:47 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Is slice [::] limited??

Hi,

we have recently updated to HTCondor version 8.4.0 and I was doing
some test with the new queue features. When testing slices, I'm
getting an error if I use values greater than 99... Is there a limit
for indexes in the slice? I haven't found anything about that in the
documentation...

I'm testing the following example with a rather big data.lst file:

[...]$ wc data.lst
  13644  96508 544679 data.lst

with "queue arguments from [93:99:5] data.lst" it works fine, but if I
use "queue arguments from [93:100:5] data.lst" then I get next error
when submitting:

ERROR: on Line 11 of submit file: can't open file
ERROR: Failed to parse command file (line 11).

Thanks,

--
Antonio Dorta
Servicios Informáticos Específicos (SIE)