[HTCondor-users] File transfer when file does not exist

Hi all,

we are using the HTCondor file transfer mechanism to send output files
of our jobs back to the submitter. We explicitly specify the desired
output files in our submit script (because there is more stuff created
which we don't need).

Now, in accordance with the documentation, HTCondor places jobs on hold
in case the specified output files do not exist. This is a pity for us,
as there can be valid reasons that a job cannot be executed on the given
host (i.e. it is unable to produce the outputs). We report this to
Condor via a particular exit code, and everything is configured such
that the job would be sent to another machine in these cases. However,
this fails since the job is placed on hold due to the missing files.

Is there any way to make Condor only transfer the files if they exist
and keep quiet otherwise? Or, at least, would it be possible to only
place the job on hold if it exited normally (without error) but still no
output files are present?

Thanks a lot,

Jens