Re: [HTCondor-users] Fwd: HTCondor on MacBook

Thank you Todd!Â

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/15/2016 9:16 AM, R Erickson wrote:
Hi,

Mel (the OP) is trying to help me get HTCondor running on my computer.
(He appears to be having problems with his email not going through the
list correctly, I apologize if I am re-posting his response email).

I've got a new MacBook and we're trying to install HTCondor.

We've looked at the workaround Todd send us, but we weren't able to use it.

How long do you think it will be until the next version of version of
HTCondor is released and fixes this problem?

Or, do you have any other suggestion?

New stable series point releases typically happen every couple months, either once enough bug patches have accumulated to make it worthwhile or when there is a severe bug fixed.

Until v8.4.9 is publically released in a few weeks, you could always grab a pre-release of v8.4.9 and test things out with that. If you don't want to build it from source from git, on wiki.htcondor.org there is a link named "Batlab per-commit build results" or something similar that points to our build farm where you can grab binaries for a recent v8.4.9 pre-release build to test out. Batlab = Build And Test Lab.

Specifically, for MacOS10 v8.4.9 pre-release, you can grab a tarball from a build done last week at

http://submit-3.batlab.org/nmi-runs/condorauto/2016/08/condorauto_submit-3.batlab.org_1471018963_239038/userdir/nmi:x86_64_MacOSX10/results.tar.gz

and in that tarball you will find a tarball of the Mac binaries at path

Âpublic\condor-8.4.9-378139-x86_64_MacOSX10-stripped.tar.gz

regards
Todd