Re: [HTCondor-users] Scratch space and input subdirectories

On 2/17/2016 1:52 PM, Michael V Pelletier wrote:

Is there some trick for this I'm missing, or do I want to have my cake
and eat it too and should just go with a simple cd/exec wrapper?

If your PreCmd creates a subdirectory $(Process), you could add

  remote_initialdir = $(Process)

in your submit file to achieve what you want.

For example, in the following job submit file, HTCondor will set the initial working directory for "mkdir.bat" to be the root of the scratch directory on the execute node, e.g.
   C:\condor\execute\dir_8684
but the initial working directory for trans.bat (the job) will take the remote_initialdir into account, and thus it will be born in
   C:\condor\execute\dir_8684\001

executable = trans.bat
output = trans.out
should_transfer_files = yes