Re: [HTCondor-users] Does RemoteWallClockTime ever change while the job is running?

From: Ben Cotton <ben.cotton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/19/2016 04:42 PM

https://github.com/htcondor/htcondor/blob/master/src/condor_startd.V6/

https://github.com/htcondor/htcondor/blob/master/src/condor_schedd.V6/
> schedd.cpp#L9787

Great! Thanks very much for your help with that. I really do need to get
a better handle on C++ - I've been meaning to do so for the past 25 years
now, it's embarrassing to admit.

> One thing I noticed is that you check to see if
> JobCurrentStartExecutingDate is defined, but then use
> JobCurrentStartDate in the "if" experession. Not sure if that's
> intentional (since if JCSED is defined, JCSD certainly *should* be).

Yep, I noticed that moments after I sent out the e-mail - d'oh!

I had started off using JobCurrentStartDate, but then when I was hammering
condor_q while testing I must have hit just the fraction of a second
where the job had started and was working through setting up the scratch
directory and what have you but hadn't started running the exe yet, so
JobCurrentStartDate was set but JobCurrentStartExecutingDate wasn't,
leading to my change in the ifThenElse() statement that went out half-
finished.

One of our pools has a set of jobs dispatched by BuildBot which use a
prepare-job hook to extract a transferred build tarball into the scratch
directory, so there's usually a bit of a delta between the two values
there.

        -Michael Pelletier.