Re: [HTCondor-users] peaceful node drain and shutdown

On 7/13/2016 3:03 PM, Bob Ball wrote:
Maybe this info is now obsolete, but I remember once setting the START
to an expression that evaluated "FALSE" and caused all the running jobs
to terminate....

bob

Only if $(START) is referenced in the PREEMPT expression....

START just controls when new jobs can be launched.

PREEMPT controls when to kick off jobs (really would be more accurate to have named it "Evict" instead of "Preempt", sigh...).

regards
Todd